Ellen Rozelle Turner, founder and CEO of the William Everett Group, was recently honored by the Chicago Chapter of the National Forum for Black Public Administrators with the Corporate Leadership Award. The awards dinner and ceremony were held at the Hyatt Regency Hotel Chicago on Thursday, October 13th.
As part of its Marks of Excellence Awards Ceremony, the Chicago Chapter of the National Forum for Black Public Administrators (NFBPA) recently honored Ellen Rozelle Turner, founder and CEO of William Everett, with the Corporate Leadership Award.
The Marks of Excellence Awards are bestowed upon African Americans in public administration, public officials, and community champions who have done well in the field of public management and shown a selfless commitment to the community.
It was a family affair, as Carlton McGee Jr., President, and Blair C. McGee, Senior VP, introduced their mother. The awards dinner and ceremony were held at the Hyatt Regency Chicago on Thursday, October 13th.
The other distinguished Mark of Excellence honorees include:
- Bobby L. Rush, US Congressman, 1st District, Lifetime Achievement Award
- Jesse White, Illinois Secretary of State, Lifetime Achievement Award
- Dennis Deer, Cook County Commissioner, 2nd District, President’s Award
- Ben Oluwole-Johnson, CEO, Benol Development Corporation, Community Service Award
- Shannon E. Andrews, Chief Equity and Inclusion Officer, Cook County Health, Marks of Excellence
- Omer Osman, Secretary, Illinois Department of Transportation, Marks of Excellence
- Annette Nance-Holt, Commissioner, Chicago Fire Department, Marks of Excellence
NFBPA Chicago Chapter President, Wasiu Fashina, CPFO Fashina, delivered welcome remarks, and Chapter Vice President, Stacey Mansker-Young, served as the evening’s mistress of ceremonies. Darnetta Tyus, Derrick Brownlee, Ferrell-Benavides, and Norris Stevenson, all former NFBPA Chicago Chapter and/or National presidents, were also in attendance.
Local and state officials, administrators, and heads of city agencies in attendance include:
- Danny K. Davis, US Congressman, 7th District of Illinois
- Kwame Raoul, Illinois Attorney General
- Michael Frerichs, Illinois State Treasurer
- Kam Buckner, Illinois State Representative, 26th District
- Lori Lightfoot, Mayor of Chicago (video)
- Toni Preckwinkle, Cook County Board President
- Todd Stroger, former Cook County Board President
- Karen A. Yarbrough, Cook County Clerk
- Bill Lowry, Commissioner, Cook County, 3rd District
- David Moore, Chicago Alderman, 17th Ward
- Judge Arnette R. Hubbard, Circuit Court of Cook County
- Dorothy Brown-Cook, Attorney, Former Clerk of the Circuit Court, Cook County
- Tracey Scott, CEO, Chicago Housing Authority
- Pedro Martinez, CEO, Chicago Public Schools
- Felicia Hooker Sanders, Chief School Officer, Chicago Public Schools
- Thyatiria Towns, Deputy Commissioner, Chicago Department of Aviation
- Tiffany Sostrin, Director, Legislative and Community Affairs, Chicago Park District
The event was sponsored by CAI Computer Aid, Inc.; IBM; Kyndryl;
William Everett; Slalom; Boston Consulting Group (BCG); Clarity Partners, LLC; Deloitte; Infrastructure Engineering, Inc.; Diversified Systems.com, Inc.; RL Canning; SLG Innovation; and Unison Consulting.